Birthday wishes are like magical potions. Get the recipe for delivery and words right and you will reap lots of love in return. But, if you get these wrong, you will crash and burn!
Your message needs to be appropriate to your relationship level. Hence, sending an overly romantic message to a casual acquaintance is a big No-No. That can be a bit difficult if you want to send birthday wishes to a military member. They are elusive creatures and their world is very different, with their own culture. Also, the Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines have their own jargon making this task even more frustrating.
Don’t get discouraged though. To help you jump the queue and make you an expert, I’ve curated a list of over 65+ birthday wishes for military man/woman. They will immediately make you jump up on your soldier’s radar as someone who knows their stuff. But, before you select your wish, you need to decide something first.
Decide On How To Send Birthday Wishes To Your Military Member
Say It In Person
There’s no better way to show your affection than saying these sweet words in person. Make this event special. Treat them to a resort experience. Get a perfect Birthday Gift. Have an exclusive sitting arrangement. Make a scene. Then say it. You both will forever remember this moment. Go bold, or go home!
Birthday Greeting Card
There is nothing more fancy and memorable than a handwritten wish on a birthday card. They are discreet, easy to send, easy to handle and an all-round perfect method of communicating your affection. These cards can be paired perfectly with a birthday gift if you are sending a care package. Your service member will be over the moon when he gets this from you.
A card is also a good choice if you don’t know the service member intimately but still want to wish them. These Thank You cards are also appropriate for conveying your gratitude to these heroes for their service to the country.
Calling your soldier on the phone to wish them birthday is a good substitute for when life gets too busy. Pro tip: Before calling make up your mind and remember the sweet memories you had with them. This little visualization technique will make your words fill up with sincerity and love. Select the words carefully depending on your relationship level and don’t get too cheezy. In most situations, a simple “Happy Birthday” will suffice.
Post On Social Media
Whether you like it or not, there will be times you will be physically separated from your beloved warrior. They may be in a different city or country depending on their assignment. Take control of the social media for once and make it do your bidding. Choose one or more of the birthday wishes below and convert them into colorful social media posts.
The best way I know is to signup on Canva and unleash your creativity. Make a personalized graphic for sharing on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. The options are endless. Don’t worry if you’ve never designed a graphic in your life, there are endless templates on Canva to make you look like a pro.
Email or Text
Use this method only as a last resort. This is because simple blocks of text normally lack emotion. That’s why pairing them up with an image on social media or writing it down on a birthday card makes the message so much better. If you are not a master wordsmith or author, coming up with an original message that invokes feelings of love and warmth can be a challenge. Don’t worry, all hope is not lost. I’ve got the perfect solution for you.
Below is a curated list of Birthday wishes for your beloved military service member. You can customize the message as per your liking. If you are posting on social media, don’t forget to tag your soldier and add relevant hashtags.
Birthday Wishes From …
Get in your character. Who you are, defines your message and makes it all the more personal and special. Choose the best birthday wish from the list below and curate it for your hero. Don’t forget to add a little personalization.
Birthday Wishes From Wife, Spouse or Girlfriend (MilSO)
- “Thank you” would never be enough to express my gratitude for all the love you’ve given me. You are an extraordinary husband, and I intend to envelop you in love and devotion for your birthday.
- Happy birthday to the most awesome, wonderful, outrageously funny, courageous, handsome, and great hubby you are… Have an awesome birthday!
- Happy Birthday. To My Loving Husband! There is no one I would rather spend the rest of my life with than you. Thank you for being such a loving, caring, thoughtful person. Have a great birthday!
- Thank you for supporting me and cheering me up when I am down. You are a true gift of God to me. I love you more and more with every passing year. Happy birthday to you, dear hubby!
Birthday Wishes From Children
- Thank you for being the superman in my life. You always made me feel special with your love and care. Happy birthday to you!
- Thank goodness looks are genetic. I hope I look half as good as you do at your age. Have a great birthday, and don’t forget to stop by the mirror and celebrate that you get better looking every year.
- Thanks for all those times you didn’t tell mom. Just know you’ve got a lot of favors you can call in, dad. Happy bright birthday!
- Real heroes don’t wear capes, they make bad puns. Thank you for being a real hero dad. Happy birthday!
Birthday Wishes From Mom & Dad
- You make each year brighter and you continue to illuminate our lives with your smile and your kind heart. Happy birthday my son!
- Happy birthday to our sweet, lovely and the most beautiful daughter! Watching you grow up is one of the most adorable things in our lives. We are so proud of you, darling. Wish you all the biggest love and joy! Congratulations!
- Our toddler, you will always be. A piece of our hearts, you will always be. The apple of our eyes, you will always be. Our life’s purpose, you will always be. Happy birthday, sonny.
- It’s one of my favorite days of the year again. It’s your birthday! The day you were given to us.
Birthday Wishes From Brother & Sister
- Remember how you used to try to help me blow out my candles? Now you need help blowing out your candles because there are so many!
- Congratulations my big brother on your birthday! You are a person with a great heart and there’s no doubt that you are the best brother and my best friend. Continue like this loving and helpful. May you get a lot of warm wishes, love, and blessings!
- Wishing a magically beautiful birthday celebration to the superhero of my life!
- It is said that sisters are another form of angels on earth. You sure are one for me! Happy birthday! Wishing you a great year ahead!
Birthday Wishes From Grandparents
- I hope that this upcoming year will be as phenomenal as you are. May it be prosperous and full of nothing but joyous moments. Happy birthday to my amazing granddaughter!
- Your cuteness brightens my day, your laughter warms my heart, and your love makes me eternally happy. Thank you for being the kind of person who makes me unbelievably proud to call you my granddaughter. Happy birthday!
- Nothing makes me prouder than you being my grandson and me being your grandma/grandpa. Happy birthday.
- You are definitely the coolest dude I know. You make me feel young, and I thank you for that. Have a blessed birthday, my dear grandson.
Birthday Wishes From Friend
- “Happy Birthday to one of the few people whose birthday I can remember without a Facebook reminder.”
- A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, somebody pretty cool was born. Happy Birthday!
- Happy Birthday to my sister from another mister!
- Happy birthday, friend. Stay pretty and sexy. God bless you. Lab yah.
Birthday Wishes From Stranger
- Thank you for always making me smile whenever life makes me blue. Special and smart people like you are hard to find, which is why I would be lucky to have a friend like you in my life. Happy birthday.
- Very happy birthday to a very wonderful soul. May your life be filled with love, dreams come true and happiness.
- You seem like such a wonderful person and I can’t wait to get to know you better as time goes on. I think you are so awesome. Have a great time celebrating! Happy Birthday.
- May this year be a great year for you, and may you accomplish all the wonderful goals that you have set for yourself. Happy birthday.
Birthday Wishes To …
Greeting wishes of any kind are one the most personal things you will ever say to your loved one. They come directly from the heart. A good wish will touch your loved one in a way that will reinforce your relationship even further. Take a look below to find your person and get your groove going.
Birthday Wishes To Husband/Wife or Boyfriend/Girlfriend
- Happy Birthday I’m so lucky to have a husband like you. Each day is a gift, and I love that we share them together. Have the best birthday and know that I love you more than ever.
- To my beautiful wife, I hope this year brings you as much joy and happiness that you have brought and continue to bring into my life. Happy birthday!
- Happy Birthday boy, when will I get to give you your birthday kiss?
- Beautiful, pretty and hot. Happy birthday to the girlfriend who I love a lot.
Birthday Wishes To Son/Daughter
- Happy birthday, my lovely child! Grow as you will, you’ll always be my baby. Wishing you tons of happiness, love, and health.
- You always remain my little charming baby boy no matter how young or old you are. Let’s celebrate this day together. Hugs, kisses and my warmest birthday wishes to my son!
- Happy Birthday. You are the best gift I have ever received, Daughter. Enjoy your special day!
- You make us so happy and proud every day with all the things you do. Happy Birthday, dear son.
Birthday Wishes To Dad/ Mom
- Happy birthday to the best mom ever! Even if you get older every year, you get youthful at your heart.
- One of my biggest goals in life is to grow up into a wonderful man like you, Dad. You inspire me more than you would ever know. Happy birthday.
- Wishing the most beautiful and loving mother in the universe a super duper happy birthday filled with immense fun and happiness.
- I am the luckiest daughter in the world because I have the best father in the world. Happy birthday, my beloved father.
Birthday Wishes To Brother/ Sister
- I love having you as a brother/sister, and I love that you are always going to be older than me. Have a great birthday.
- To my cherished brother, you are someone who considers others; you are true to your heart and dedicated to your family. Someone as wonderful as you deserve a fabulous birthday.
- Happy Birthday, Brother!. Don’t worry of getting older as your brain is going to be the same .. unused ;P
- To everyone else, you may be my elder brother, but to me, you are simply my hero. Never change.
Birthday Wishes To Friend
- Happy birthday to my best friend, the one who laughs at my silly jokes and still stands beside me even when I do dumb and stupid things!
- Happy Birthday. Friends like you make life worth celebrating. I hope your day shines as bright as you do!
- My dear friend, may your special day be full of beautiful, magical, and unforgettable moments!
- Fabulosity has no age, friend. Happy Birthday, Girl!
Birthday Wishes To Stranger
- Wishing you a day filled with happiness and a year filled with joy. Happy birthday!
- I hope today will be your best birthday yet. Keep smiling!
- Another year older, and you just keep getting stronger, wiser, funnier, and more amazing!
- You deserve everything happy. Wishing you that all year long!
While He / She Is On …
Military service members are busy people. They rarely sit still. One day they are in training and the next they are preparing for a TDY. Next comes the dreaded deployments and even more moving around. If you are not a spouse or a MilSO, chances are you rarely see your beloved warrior in person. No worries, you will find birthday wishes here that will suit whatever situation they are in. This will make the soldier realize that you know their plight and your bond will further strengthen.
Birthday Wishes During Training
- Happy Birthday! Now go become the most badass soldier ever.
- This will remain the land of the free so long as it is the home of the brave like you. Happy Birthday!
- You are stronger than you can fathom, so never succumb to pressures to quit. Happy Birthday, son.
- When the World says “Give Up”, Hope whispers “Try one more time”. Never lose hope, so that you never lose in life.
Birthday Wishes During Active Duty
- You are the reason why our family remains strong. You are our inspiration, the one we look up so high. Happiest birthday to the most handsome daddy in the world!
- Uncertainty is the spice of life. Embrace it, and make something good of it. I believe in you, buddy. Have a blessed day.
- You’ve been working so hard to achieve your dreams. I am so proud of you and so lucky to call you my Boyfriend. Happy birthday, my love.
- It is my wish that this day made for a hero like you will become as wonderful as you made my life. Celebrate today with smiles!
Birthday Wishes During Deployment
- Your bravery and passion are unparalleled in this service. And I’m confident that you will go out there, deliver results, and return home unharmed. May the force be with you, brother!
- Together for always and never apart, maybe in distance, but never in heart. Happy Birthday to you my love!
- Here’s another year of me falling in love with you every single day. Happy Birthday!
- Happy Birthday, Son. You have always made us proud. Our blessings and support are always with you. May God bless you with all you desire in life. Enjoy your special day.
Birthday Wishes After Retirement
- Everybody’s searching for a hero. You are a shining example of strength under adverse conditions and graciousness in uplifting situations. You are a true hero, and I hope that you will have a birthday celebration fit for a hero on this special day. Happy Birthday!
- Put down your cape and have a slice of cake! Happy Birthday, Soldier.
- Your acts of selflessness and unconditional love for this country will never be forgotten. Thank you for your dedication and have a wonderful birthday.
- Anyone that puts their life at risk to protect our freedom is a HERO in my book. Thanks for your valor and commitment. Happy Birthday!
Military Branch Specific Birthday Wishes
Each Military branch has its quirks. As an expert birthday wisher, you must know the appropriate jargon. This will pleasantly surprise your service member about your knowledge. They will appreciate that you took the time to learn about them. No words may be spoken but deep down this small effort will get you lots of space in their heart.
Wrapping It Up
I hope you loved this collection of Birthday Wishes for Military man/woman. Which one of the wishes was your favorite? If you have any ideas that can improve this post, please comment below. I would love to hear from you.